It is sure that the MIDDLE PATH OF MEDITATION LEADS TO TRANQUILITY. As taught by Lord Buddha we must just be aware of both pleasure and pain. A wise meditation practitioner?walks the Noble Eightfold Path in order to develop awareness and wisdom. Certainly, he will be able to attain enlightenment and peace.
LET GO INDULGENCE AND AVERSION
All the human beings must refrain from both the paths of indulgence to desires?and aversion to pain. Actually, we must let go grasping as well the aversion. Both of these are the human mental feelings only. Nothing more.
Though it is very hard to walk on the middle path. By following the right practice one may be able to gain success.
In our daily activities, we come across a number of incidents of indulgence. Out of these, some are mentioned?herein below:-
- Every human enjoys words of praise for himself.
- We expect and prefer gain only in business or profession.
- All of us are pleased when the outcome is as per our desire.
- Money, power, and fame are desired by every human being.
Naturally, whenever our desires are fulfilled as per our wishes we are delighted. On the other hand, it is also certain that suffering follows every kind of possession. The human mind likes permanent grasping, whereas all the worldly phenomenon has a nature of constant changes. This mental feeling of clinging causes suffering.
Similarly, we wish to get rid off of all the undesired conditions too. Some of these, are explained hereinbelow:-
- Whenever we suffer a loss we feel?dissatisfaction.
- Criticism is always undesirable to all of us.
- Dissatisfaction causes anger, animosity, and jealousy.
- We wish to get rid off of unfavorable, unpleasant, evil conditions.
Therefore, it is prudent to lay down both of these extremes and practice the meditation with right understanding.
THE MIDDLE WAY ENSURES TRANQUILITY
The mental state of the middle way the practitioner?remains calm in every situation. He/she will always observe, contemplate, and accept both the pleasant and unpleasant conditions ‘ as the way these are’.
Thanks for reading.
Images source Google.